Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Five Months

'Five Flowers' photo (c) 2006, Dawn - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/Another month has passed since Erica left this earth.  I have to tell you that part of me feels guilty for feeling better.  I still think of her everyday but grieving Erica probably isn't the term I should use anymore.  I've moved on from grieving to remembering Erica.  I guess you can say I'm in the acceptance stage of grief.  There is still healing that needs to be done before I can say I'm letting go, but I'm headed in that direction.  One day at a time.  

Quote:  Healing yourself is connected with healing others. ~Yoko Ono

1 comment:

  1. They are not dead,

    Who leave us this great heritage of remembering joy.
    They still live in our hearts,
    In the happiness we knew, in the dreams we shared.
    They still smile in the moonlight's silver,
    And laugh in the sunlight's sparkling gold.
    They still speak in the echoes of the words we've heard them say again and again.
    They still move,
    In the rhythm of waving grasses, in the dance of the tossing branches.

    They are not dead;

    Their memory is warm in our hearts, comfort in our sorrow.
    They are not apart from us, but part of us,
    For love is eternal,
    And those we love shall be with us throughout all eternity.

    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete