Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Birthday

'Balloons' photo (c) 2006, Crystal - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/Today Erica would have turned 35.  Last year her birthday fell on 10/10/2010.  To celebrate she entered a half marathon in Joplin, MO.  My parents and her daughters made the trip to Joplin with her to watch her run the race.  Erica felt that birthday was significant since the dates only fall that way every one hundred years.  If only we knew how significant that birthday was. 

So today as I reflect and remember my sister, I wish her a Happy Birthday.  I'm reminded how fleeting and precious life is.  Sometimes the significance of the events in our lives are seen much too late.  Seize the moments in your life that matter and cherish the ones you love.  Today we celebrate the life Erica lived and the memories made.  Happy Birthday Erica! 

No comments:

Post a Comment