Thursday, December 22, 2011

Grieving at Christmas

'Vintage Christmas Ornaments Wreath Shiny Brite' photo (c) 2011, suzy spence - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/As we approach Christmas without Erica, many other families are doing the same.  Whether you lost a loved one many years ago, nine months ago, or last week, grieving at Christmas can make the holiday challenging.  The sorrow I feel in my heart can easily overtake my Christmas spirit.  It has been a struggle to push forward and enjoy the holiday routine that I've had in previous years.  But, I'm doing it.  One step at a time.  I may be grieving at Christmas and things will never be the same but I will take the leap and dive into Christmas head first.

Quote:  May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through! ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment