Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pushing Delete


2008.11.05 - My life story told by the cellphones I've ownedphoto © 2008 Adrian Clark | more info (via: Wylio)When my Grandparents passed away I didn't have to deal with this issue of pushing the delete button.  I haven't been able to bring myself to completely eliminate the traces of Erica in my life.  Each time I call my husband I scroll passed Erica's name in my phone.  It makes me sad.  But pushing delete is not easy for me.  I feel like I need the reminder of what I've lost.  I'm not ready to accept the finality of her death.  I feel that when I push delete, I'm saying it's okay that she's gone.  And it's NOT okay.

We all grieve in our own way.  So if you've already pushed delete that's a good thing.  Each of us will deal with these issues in our own time frame.  Maybe the next time I see you, you'll take my phone and do it for me.     

No comments:

Post a Comment