Thursday, April 28, 2011

Moments Lost


peace dovephoto © 2010 Cornelia Kopp | more info (via: Wylio)This weekend will be a challenge for my family and I.  My Sister's youngest daughter is in our hometown beauty pagent.  She competed last year and won talent and prettiest eyes for her age group.  I remember the whole family was there and Erica was so proud of her daughter.  It's moments like these that make the loss of Erica so painful.  To watch her daughter without her, it breaks my heart.  These moments lost for her girls seem so unfair. 

Erica's oldest daughter plays softball.  Erica would attend every game.  Since the season has started the empty seat in the bleachers is painfully evident.  Moments lost again. 

Every family function, Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthdays, holidays, all moments lost with Erica.  The progress I've made grieving Erica takes a huge setback with the thought of the holidays without my Sister.  The tears roll down my check and the moments lost are real.

No comments:

Post a Comment