Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother


In The Garden  -  Avia Veneficaphoto © 2010 Avia Venefica | more info (via: Wylio)In June of 1997 Erica became a Mother.  With today being Mother's Day, I know her Daughters are missing her.  It almost makes this holiday seem cruel.  It's too soon after our loss to have a holiday that clearly indicates what we've lost.  But I know Erica and she would not want us to wallow in her death.  She would want us to live.  Every good Mother wants their children to be happy and to build a life of their own.  I know Erica wanted this for her Daughters.  Just remember girls, your Mother is always with you and loving you from Heaven.

Quote: I am an onlooker on my daughter's dance, which I made possible because she came through me...I'm not a part of her dance. Yet whenever she takes a pause and needs someone to talk to, I am there. But that special dance with the child and the future is hers.
~Liv Ullman



Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
I am not there. I did not die.
~Melinda Sue Pacho

No comments:

Post a Comment