Monday, May 9, 2011

Two Months


Two Daisiesphoto © 2008 Mary | more info (via: Wylio)Many different feelings and emotions have been felt over the last two months.  Several of these emotions were new to me.  I had days that I didn't know how I would get through, but I did.  By taking one day at a time my life is starting to resemble something I recognize.  However, when I stop to think about what two months have felt like I realize all the days, months, and years to come that we will be without Erica.  This makes me sad.  

This weekend I experienced a "sneak attack," I was in the car waiting on my husband when a song on the radio brought back a flood of feelings and memories.  That overwhelming feeling came over me.  It was a hard weekend.  With it being Mother's Day yesterday and the two month mark of our loss my heart was heavy with grief.  My feelings are more in control on a daily basis, but I think it is safe to say that you don't just wake up one day and all of the sudden feel better.  It is a gradual process and by the way, I still haven't pushed delete.

No comments:

Post a Comment