Thursday, June 23, 2011

Warped Logic


warped tree and orange mushroomsphoto © 2007 Rupert Ganzer | more info (via: Wylio)
It has been suggested to me that God took Erica to teach me a lesson.  I find this to be a warped sense of logic.  Why would God punish my Sister and her Daughters to teach me a lesson.  This suggestion doesn't make sense to me.  I know this tragedy has made me reevalute the direction of my life.  However, I don't believe my life was the reason God called my Sister home.  This suggestion is truly one of the worst things you could say to a grieving person.  You might as well come out and say it's your fault, you sinner.  So the next time you're visiting with someone who is grieving keep your warped sentiments to yourself.     


Quote: If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.  ~Buddhist Saying

1 comment:

  1. Warped is right -- I do not believe God takes loved ones from our lives to teach us a lesson. I believe our children are a gift from God and he loves us and them.

    I believe strongly in untimely deaths and the fact that we do not know why it happened now -- all I can know is that this event has affected all of us and especially her beautiful daughters.

    We all wonder and wish daily that something - anything could have been done to stop this tragedy. I will always wonder if the results that day would have been different if we could have gotten her to a different hospital -- if there had been a different doctor -- if a more proactive response was made -- if -- if -- if --what could have been done to have helped this situation. A loving friend told me the "ifs" can drive you crazy if you let them -- and there are times I know he is right.

    The lesson learned is to try daily to be the best you can be and live your life in a positive and productive manner.

    ReplyDelete