Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Day After

Haystack under Cloudy Skiesphoto © 2003 [n|ck] | more info (via: Wylio)
















Erica's journey on this earth was over, however our struggles had just begun.  The emotional pain I felt grieving Erica was unlike any I had ever experienced.  The day after her death, my husband and I were at my parent's house trying to be helpful and make sense of what happened.  My parents had numerous visitors, family, friends, and neighbors stopped by to give us their condolences.  Many of them brought food and supplies to help us in our time of sorrow.  The hardest part was hearing my parents repeat the story over and over.  Erica was a huge part of my parents life.  Erica had gone through a divorce a couple of years ago, so she and her daughters moved in with my parents.  Erica's passing has left a gaping hole in their hearts and lives.  Watching my parents, brother, and family grieve was almost to much to handle.  The worry and stress about my nieces, who are six and thirteen, will be a daily battle for a long time.

Did you know that your emotions can make you nauseous?  We had all this food around us and nothing sounded good.  My stomach was sick and my heart hurt.  I didn't have a plan for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment