Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Day We Lost Erica

The stone cross on the hillphoto © 2008 Tambako The Jaguar | more info (via: Wylio)


The day we lost Erica, Tuesday March 8, 2011, started like any other day.  I went to work.  After work I did a little shopping and then went home.  About 5:00 PM I started making dinner for my husband.  My Mother calls about 5:10 PM and told me that Erica was having a difficult time breathing, and that they called an ambulance and she was headed to the hospital.  We talked for a little bit about her day, I reassured her Erica would be fine, and we hung up.  I continued making dinner, Sweet and Sour Meatballs.  I told myself Erica is strong she will be fine, she’s only 34, everything will be okay.  The phone rings again at 6:15PM and it’s my Mother.  Immediately I know it’s not fine.  She can hardly make out the words that Erica didn’t make it.  All I could say is it will be okay, I’m on my way.  I knew it wouldn’t be okay but I didn’t know what else to say.  At this point I’m hysterical and sick to my stomach.  My husband wasn’t home from work yet.  I felt out of control.  What had just happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment