Thursday, May 26, 2011

Burying Her Ashes


Rookwood Cemeteryphoto © 2006 Louise Docker | more info (via: Wylio)Erica's wishes were to be cremated.  I have to tell you that seeing the small box our bodies are reduced to sent chills through me.  This Saturday we are burying her ashes in the cemetery.  It has been hard for my parents to take this step.  I'm trying to prepare myself the best I can.  I know I'll have a lot of emotions resurface.  Burying her ashes is an important step in our road to healing.

 Prayer: In sure and certain hope of the resurrection to eternal life through our Lord Jesus Christ, we commend to Almighty God our Sister Erica; and we commit her body to the ground; earth to earth; ashes to ashes, dust to dust. The Lord bless her and keep her, the Lord make his face to shine upon her and be gracious unto her and give her peace. Amen.  
~From the Book of Common Prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment