Monday, April 4, 2011

Cremation


Sunken Cemeteryphoto © 2009 Agustin Rafael Reyes | more info (via: Wylio)Erica always took the road least traveled.  She did the same after death.  About a year ago, I was home for the weekend.  Sometime during the visit what we wanted done to us after we died came up.  I was shocked when she said she wanted to be cremated.  She said "I don't want to be worm food".  Okay, I could see her point.  I really didn't know how I felt about the subject.  I never did research or looked into it further after this conversation.  But with her passing the subject has been on my mind.  My parents followed her wishes, although it was very hard for them.  She was the first one in our immediate family to request cremation

Cremation from what I have read is neither endorsed or condoned in the Bible.  Therefore, I am now of the belief that the way we are disposed of is not the issue.  The issue is the way we lived our lives.  Were we a good person that treated others kindly?  Did we hold true to our beliefs?  I will not worry if this was the right decision.  It was not mine to make.  I'm glad she shared with us what she wanted, so we didn't have to make this decision on our own. 

Share your wishes after death with the ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment