Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring on the Farm


When Erica was in high school she liked a boy who was in FFA.  So, Erica decided she would join FFA.  She convinced my parents she really wanted to show sheep, and she did.  I had already graduated high school and was in college when all this took place.  But ever since my parents have raised sheep.  My brother followed in Erica's footsteps and so have both her daughters.  A lot of the time I spent with Erica was at sheep shows watching her daughters.  Memories I will cherish always.
  
Sheep from the farm, Spring 2011.
 Spring is always a special time on the farm because this is when the baby lambs are born.  This has always been one of my favorite times of year.  Although this year is not the same.  There was a set of triplets born on the night before Erica's memorial service.  She would have loved to see them.  I know there is never a good time to go and you don't get to pick when your time is up.  Erica was a member of God's flock and he called her home.  I'm trying to find peace with this.  I never knew I could be this sad and full of grief.  I'm taking it one day at a time.

Quote:   Many people are so afraid to die that they have never begun to live.  But courage emancipates us and gives us to ourselves, that we may give ourselves freely and without fear to God. ~Henry van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment