Friday, April 8, 2011

The Nights are Hard


Our Sky at Nightphoto © 2009 Alex Porteous | more info (via: Wylio)
My heart gets heavy each night before bed.  My eyes tear up and I have a good cry.  Thoughts of Erica enter my mind.  The things I said, the things I never will, and all the things I wish I did different.  I always thought we would have tomorrow.  Maybe when life was less busy we would have time to spend together.  It never dawned on me that we might not get the chance. 

They say that the best lessons in life are learned the hard way.  This is one hard lesson, with no second chances.  So, if your reading this and you have a sister, brother, mother, or father that you would like to spend more time with.  Don't wait, seize the moment.  We never know what tomorrow holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment