Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happiness


Joy.Youth.Sky.Blue.Sun.Shine. Sunshine.Happinessphoto © 2006 Irina Iordachescu | more info (via: Wylio)
Erica's last facebook post stated "I'm the happiest I've ever been, now I just want to get some sleep."


In my professional life I've taught a class on Ethics.  Some people believe our purpose in life is to find true happiness.  Again, I find some irony in the fact that Erica posted such comment the night before she passed away.  Is our destiny simply to find true happiness?  Should I find it comforting that Erica had found happiness?

My Mom would always tell us "You can't look for others to make you happy, you have to find the happiness within yourself."  Yet, the majority of people seek outside things or stuff to make them happy.  I believe it starts with our own heart.  Is your heart truely open to happiness?  We can't find what we're not prepared to receive.  So, prepare your heart for happiness.

Quote:  Happiness is the only good.  The place to be happy is here.  The time to be happy is now.  The way to be happy is to help make others so.  ~Robert G. Ingersoll

No comments:

Post a Comment