Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Going First


Mystical Forest.photo © 2008 janet farthing | more info (via: Wylio)
Going first is sometimes a scary thing.  Like going into a haunted house at Halloween, I'm not going first.  In fact I will get in the middle; someone else needs to go last, because they're the ones that disappear.  But in death going first is almost easier.  I guess I'm trying to find a positive or make myself feel better for losing Erica.  I was thinking about all the grief Erica was spared by going first.  Erica won't have to deal with the grief when our parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends pass away.  She was spared the unpleasantness and agony losing a close loved one brings.  Instead she gets to welcome them into the light.  She is at peace, while we are struggling every day.  I guess my sarcasm has come out to play, because my Sister got it easy; going first is the way to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment