Friday, June 3, 2011

Being There


fresh flowersphoto © 2009 abcdz2000 | more info (via: Wylio)Sometimes being there for others can be hard.  Finding the right words to say when you encounter someone who is grieving can be intimidating.   Rather than dealing with the awkwardness of the situation, sometimes people avoid staying in touch with the bereaved person.  I know I felt people were avoiding me after Erica passed away.  There has been times when I probably did the same thing.  Through this experience I can tell you the last thing I wanted, was to be left alone.  It helps me to talk about it.  When others share their stories of loss it helps.  Sometimes I need someone just to listen without giving advice.  Just simply being there is all that matters.

Quote:  That some good can be derived from every event is a better proposition than that everything happens for the best, which it assuredly does not.     ~James K. Feibleman 

No comments:

Post a Comment