Saturday, June 4, 2011

Rejoicing in Death


30 Days of Thanks - Rejoice in His Presence!photo © 2010 Rachel Titiriga | more info (via: Wylio)In my younger years I went to church all the time.  One of the lessons I remember was about rejoicing in death.  Remembering the lesson and embracing it, are two different things.  Death is one topic that is easy to see from only one perspective.  That perspective is usually how it affects us.  What about the perspective of the one we lost.  I know if Erica had a choice she would have stayed with her daughters.  However, when our life ends is not our choice to make.  I know Erica would want us to rejoice in her death.  But this step is difficult to take.  Maybe because the order of things is off, she was my younger Sister, I never thought it would happen in this order.  It still feels unreal to me that she is gone.  So I'm making the assumption that rejoicing in death is not instantaneous but rather acquired over time.


Quote: "When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.” ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment