Saturday, June 11, 2011

Contending with Reality


When the Shy Star Goes Forth in Heaven..photo © 2008 Athena Flickr | more info (via: Wylio)Although I know Erica is gone, I never saw any physical evidence of her death.  I have mixed feelings about that.  I know it would have been traumatic to see her and probably even haunting to me.  But there is a part of me that still doesn't want to believe she is gone.  Therefore contending with reality can be challenging for me.  My mind knows she's gone but moving on to acceptance is proving difficult for me.  How do you accept that your loved one is gone and get to the point where you can let it go?

Quote: "Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”
            ~Norman Cousins

No comments:

Post a Comment