Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Waves of Grief


Waves in Diabatphoto © 2007 Stacy Herbert | more info (via: Wylio)Visiting with my Mom this evening we were talking about how we have waves of grief for Erica.  There are certain times that are worse than others.  Tuesdays continue to be hard for me, especially around dinner when I received the phone call.  My Mom shared that she has a hard time in the morning when she would usually see Erica before work.  Her daily routine has been altered and this triggers her grief.

These waves of grief can be brought on by a "sneak attack" or a memory.  Erica's sudden death is making the acceptance phase of grief harder for me.  It's like a flood washed away my house and I'm trying to build it back piece by piece.  The rebuilding takes place everyday but the process is slow.  But like the saying goes, slow and steady wins the race.  As long as we continue to make progress we will emerge stronger than before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment