Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dreams

The mind works in mysterious ways sometimes.  Last week one of my posts, The Blame Game, mentioned how Erica and I rarely talked on the phone with each other.  That night I had a dream that Erica and I were talking on the phone.  In the dream I asked Erica if it was really her and she said "yeah, I just wanted to see how you were doing."  When I woke up I thought how surreal.  Was my mind just trying to make me feel better for the regret I have or was God trying to put me at ease?
Art: watercolour 2009:...light of a dream...or hope for a new love...photo © 2007 Nadia Minic | more info (via: Wylio)
Through the years I've heard stories from others how their loved ones came to them in dreams after they had passed away.  They usually say it felt so real it's like they were there.  I had always felt it was a coping mechanism we use to help us deal with our grief.  But now, I don't know.  I'll need to do some research on this subject to gain a better understanding. 

Have you had a dream of a loved one after they passed?          

No comments:

Post a Comment